Head of Supply Chain
Strategy and execution responsibility for the establishment and operation of BioXcel’s commercial pharmaceutical supply chain and distribution, including ownership of or contributions to global contract manufacturing/packaging, enterprise resource planning (ERP), development of BioXcel’s third-party logistics process, as well as Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- High-level strategic planning and analytical skills are required with ability to effectively communicate the vision for a successful global product supply and distribution system.
- Partner with Drug Development and cross-functional leadership to ensure that the product distribution system and commercial supply agreements are established and ready to support product launches and ongoing supply.
- Responsible for successful development and implementation of BioXcel’s long-term supply chain and distribution strategy including establishment of necessary company infrastructure, procedures, policies, and budgets.
- Responsible for on-time manufacture and delivery of trade and sample products to the 3PL distributor and sales reps, avoids product stock-outs, and ensuring sufficient safety stock inventory at all times.
- Contribute to selection and implementation of an ERP system and establish processes for use by the supply chain team
- Coordinate manufacturing plans and evaluate supply chain redundancy needs, ensuring that necessary product manufacturing and distribution backup resources are in place to avoid failure of supply to the marketplace.
- Responsible for developing strategic business plans and budgets for the Supply Chain and distribution functions.
- Responsible for implementation of and ongoing compliance with DSCSA serialization requirements.
- Sets company standards for the establishment of distribution practices and provides guidance for monitoring ongoing distribution key performance indicators to ensure the highest level of service is always provided to internal and external customers.
- Establishes S&OP team and practices and provides leadership and direction to process and team
- Provides leadership and direction for the hiring and development of the commercial supply chain team, as necessary.
- Promotes best distribution practices with respect to efficiency and cost containment. Meets or exceeds Supply Chain and Distribution performance objectives.
- Acts, as needed, to quickly implement corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) in the event of a Manufacturing or Distribution incident, Serious Adverse Event or Recall.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop corporate strategy as well as operationalize and execute on strategic directives.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and attention to detail. Ability to function independently and work with cross-functional teams in a highly dynamic work and geographically dispersed environment.
- Must be knowledgeable in licensing, regulations and infrastructure required to establish a pharmaceutical distribution network within the US.
- Fosters strong spirit of cooperation, and teamwork with contractors and colleagues, with an entrepreneurial and customer-focused orientation.
- Knowledge of Good Distribution Practices and DSCSA product serialization requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of rules and regulations governing import/export of pharmaceutical products between USA and Europe.
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP computerized control systems, inventory control methods, and distribution standard operating procedures.
Education & Experience:
- BS degree in a relevant technical field. Advanced degree and/or MBA with a focus on logistics and supply chain management a plus.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in supply chain and logistics roles in the pharmaceutical industry. At least 10 years of experience in a leadership role in a global pharmaceutical product supply chain and distribution system. Experience with cold chain distribution, as well as serialization preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to contractor locations, as needed.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.