Reports to: Vice President, Finance and Corporate Controller
Business Unit: Headquarters
Location: New Haven, CT
Company and Job Overview:
BioXcel Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: BTAI) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company that utilizes novel artificial intelligence, or AI, to identify the next wave of medicines across neuroscience and immuno-oncology.
Position will provide support to BioXcel’s R&D and business functions. The individual in this role will be responsible for delivering high quality and timely guidance relating to contracting with multiple vendors and will support all functions within the company. Individual will be responsible for providing practical, timely and high-quality contracting and project management support, internal training and guidance, and compliance with internal and external requirements. The individual in this role will aid in the creation and maintenance of company templates, review and negotiation of new contracts, the refining of, and ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures. The individual will lead the selection and implementation of a new contracting system and work closely with Finance and Legal to ensure completeness and accuracy of the contract database.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead, plan and manage all aspects relating to the selection, and implementation, of a contract management system;
- Own contract management system and work closely with Finance to ensure high quality, completeness, and accuracy of the database.
- Review, negotiate and draft a broad range of agreements including but not limited to Clinical Trial Agreements/Master Clinical Trial Agreements, Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Sponsorship Agreements, Scope of Works and other ancillary agreements and amendments in close coordination with functional business leaders;
- Coordinate the contract terms/conditions, review and negotiation process with Legal, Finance and external and internal stakeholders, as applicable, to ensure agreements are drafted, reviewed, updated and fit for purpose while serving as the central point of contact through execution;
- Interact closely with clients and vendors to understand business requirements and advise and implement alternative and innovative approaches to ensure contractual terms are consistent with management priorities, legal and business policies and procedures while minimizing risk;
- Provide guidance and advice for an array of legal and contract issues, as well as the contract management and review processes and procedures, with minimal supervision;
- Provide pragmatic and timely counsel and legal support on application and maintenance of all authorizations, permits, licenses, contracts and communication needed for clinical operations.
- Continuously compile and analyze contract data, and maintain historical contract information to aid in future negotiations;
- Support continuous development and improvement of process and workflow for all agreements to increase productivity and efficiencies;
- Identify training needs and assist in the development and presentation of training on relevant contract forms/procedures and legal business practices, policies or issues, both internally and externally;
- Assist with other projects as necessary.
- 2-4 years of contract negotiation/drafting experience with a life sciences company and/or a reputable law firm, or a combination of both, Law degree preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple commitments and to review and negotiate agreements
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify, analyze and render legal advice on business issues and general corporate matters;
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively throughout all levels of the organization as well as with external parties and highly adaptable to circumstances and work partnership situations.
- Commercial Pharma/Biotech experience required;
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and constantly evolving environment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate clearly with a strong desire and ability to support internal customers;
- Ability to proactively gather and synthesize data from internal and external sources;
- Outstanding written, oral and presentation skills.
Your Path to Endless Opportunities
If you’re looking to push the envelope and join an innovative company where technology meets drug discovery and development and you’re enthusiastic, creative, with a passion for cutting-edge research, you should join our team! We are looking for highly motivated, passionate employees to help us drive technology solutions for discovering breakthrough treatments for our portfolio of oncology and neuroscience programs, as well as for our partners across major therapeutic areas.
About BioXcel Therapeutics, Inc.
BioXcel Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on drug development that utilizes artificial intelligence to identify improved therapies in neuroscience and immuno-oncology. BTI's drug re-innovation approach leverages existing approved drugs and/or clinically evaluated product candidates together with big data and proprietary machine learning algorithms to identify new therapeutic indices. BTI's two most advanced clinical development programs are BXCL501, an investigational sublingual thin film formulation in development for acute treatment of agitation resulting from neuropsychiatric disorders, and BXCL701, an investigational orally administered systemic innate immunity activator in development for treatment of a rare form of prostate cancer and for treatment of pancreatic cancer in combination with other immuno-oncology agents. For more information, please visit www.bioxceltherapeutics.com.Contract Specialist: Apply Now